English for Information Technology
English 4 IT is designed for teachers and students of English for IT.
Why not try it today?
English 4 IT is a self-paced program in technical English for IT students.
The subject matter is suitable for University and professional use, including software engineers, tech support, IT sales, and most other technical careers. The focus is on real English as it is spoken in an international IT job environment.
What are the features of English 4 IT?
• Lots of Activities - interactive writing, speaking, listening, and spelling
• Classroom tools - easily view and manage students and grades
• Certification - downloadable certificate for students who pass all the units
• Download Section - MP3s and PDFs for offline and classroom usage
• Talking IT Dictionary - learn to identify and pronounce key vocabulary
• IT Joke Database - with explanations in easy English
• Achievements - students get badges on their profile page when they pass milestones
• World Ranking - students can match their scores against a database of users worldwide
What content is included?
The course includes an introductory welcome unit plus:
Help us spread the word!
There are currently 17,174 registered users from 167 different countries. Please use these social media buttons below to tell your friends and coworkers about us:
How much material is included?
Over 600 vocabulary terms, 20 readings, and 1500 practice questions are included in the course. Vocabulary terms feature pronunciation by a native speaker, picture, definition, and example sentence.
At what level does the program teach?
The course material is suitable for intermediate to advanced English speakers. This would be equivalent to levels B1, B2, C1, and C2 on The Council of Europe Language Level Scale.
Do I have to download anything?
No. Everything is completed online within a standard web browser running Adobe Flash. Headphones are recommended for computer lab environments.